A census taker once tried to test me…
… I promptly apologized for not filling out my forms in time and gave him the proper paperwork. No, not really. No census-takers have shown up yet. It’s not that time of the year yet, is it? Is it???
Some random observations about the census form
- Interesting how the first question about race, above anything else, is “Is Person [numero] of Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish origin?”
- Nice to know that they’ve started to differentiate the Asian…races?
- It’s always a good sign when Guamanian gets priority on the form over Thai or Pakistani. Because, you know, Guamanians are all over the place but I’ve never heard of a Thai food place or a Pakistani coworker before.
- I wonder what would happen if I put in Twi’lek or Klingon as my “Some other race”
- These forms are used to create a database that tracks down every single citizen so that the Obamacare death panels can put people into socialist taxation camps or something, right? Am I missing some part of the form, because there seem to be no questions on any private information. I mean, ethnicity isn’t really a private issue, let’s face it. Haha, get it? Because you can tell from a person’s face whether they’re…oh forget it.